[VHFcontesting] Portable in rare grid squares

kb8u vhf kb8u_vhf at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 19:19:07 EDT 2008

Original message:
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:17:44 -0400
From: Sebastian <w4as at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable in rare grid squares
To: kb8u vhf <kb8u_vhf at hotmail.com>
Cc: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>

Very very nice, thank you!  Now if I can only figure out how to print
that in black & white so I can start to color my own squares!

73 de W4AS
Sebastian

On Jun 19, 2008, at 9:31 AM, kb8u vhf wrote:

> Check out the color-coded Fred Fish Memorial Award most-wanted
> grid square map I made based on the survey:
>
> http://www.merit.edu/~rjd/ffma.pdf
>
> Southern Santa Cruz, CM86 will make you popular.  If you're a hiker,
> CM79 will make you VERY popular!
>
> Good luck,  Russ  KB8U

I've used this site to make nice black and white maps:
http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
scroll down to 'Making a map here on the Server' and select the short form or long form.
Play around with different settings until you get a map you like.

Best regards,  Russ  KB8U