[VHFcontesting] Penninger Products

specrisk at aol.com specrisk at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 08:45:21 EDT 2008

To the list-? I just received a Tipper Jr. from Charles Penninger. I have been using his snap tube system of 2" aluminum for portable contesting for a couple of years. I am attaching this new pivot device to my trailer hitch mounted on the front and / or back of my Jeep. This is a very high quality device for a reasonable price for getting 20 feet or more of masting up in the air quickly. The snap tubes allow quick mating. Small sections of? tubing one or two feet long can be left inserted into the rotor which can be removed in transit but popped into place when you have reached your site. This now solves my ability to have 2 masts attached to the vehicle in the front and back and be able to remove them and transport them quickly and easily. The snap tubes come in a variety of sizes from 2 to 6 feet and can be fitted with quick disconnects for yagis? or parabolic dishes. If you are interested in rover or portable ops Penninger makes some really great stuff.
George, W1JHR