[VHFcontesting] So. California 144.200 during June VHF

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 18:38:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Hector Garcia XE2K
<j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

During the  Saturday and Sunday   of the contest when looking for Q's
 found  a group of  Trucker and Farming Equipment Drivers  using
144.200 FM

Mike wrote

Cracking down on itinerant use of VHF amateur frequencies is difficult
at best.  Because anyone with a little knowledge of radios, say even
the "experienced" CB'er" knows that they can buy radios from AES, HRO,
and the likes and program the radios themselves.  Years ago we had a
problem with Vietnamese fishermen using two meter simplex and two
meter repeaters along Galveston bay for a long time.  After the wide
area repeater operators started turning the repeaters off at night
they found my cities FD repeater.  That lasted about one week and we
haven't heard a peep out of them since.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com