[VHFcontesting] distance scoring

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sat Jun 21 09:53:14 EDT 2008

I like the idea of a CWAC (contest within a contest) too. The only problem
I foresee is getting a 6-character grid from some people.  There are
non-contesters who get on to give out a few points or get their feet wet
and sometimes I have had a hard time just getting their 4-character grids
out of them.

For the CWAC, I feel the QSO point multipliers should favor the higher
frequencies, especially since 6 meters is likely to produce distances that
far surpass 10 GHz or even 144 MHz.

73, Zack W9SZ