[VHFcontesting] distance scoring

k4gun at comcast.net k4gun at comcast.net
Sat Jun 21 14:24:20 EDT 2008

I appreciate all the responses.  I genuinely am open, and some of these notes do make sense.  I haven't changed my mind, but I'm still listening.  I like the current system.  I like that I can go to a distant yet flat grid and make contacts that help both me and other stations.  I think a distance based system would keep me away from places like FM26, FM27 and FM28 where there isn't any real high ground and therefore, no real reason to be there.  It wouldn't benefit anybody since they could catch me at longer distances from FM08 in the mountains.

Is this just an academic discussion or is there serious consideration for making changes like this?

Steve

From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg at yahoo.com>