[VHFcontesting] Distance Scoring

kevin kaufhold kkaufhold at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 20:00:18 EDT 2008

Grid squares are essentially a form of distance scoring.  If the contesting community wants to move to a sub-grid type of scoring system, then I suggest to concentrate on the higher frequencies, where a distance system might make more sense.

Realistically, you may want to concentrate on the August UHF, which would benefit from the increased activity.  Experiment there, to see if people realy would like such a system, or just become too confused by it.

Kevin
W9GKA

---