[VHFcontesting] distance scoring

Tad Danley tdanley at verizon.net
Mon Jun 23 19:49:34 EDT 2008

Wixson, Chuck wrote:
> ALL Distance scoring "should be" on a distance per watt basis.......
> If you want to be fair......     Now we start the discussion of output
> OR erp....

Touche!

Actually there are several ways to skin the distance/power scoring cat.
The Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge awards points for each QSO
based on distance - Minimum of 1 point per Q plus an additional point
for every 500 km.  The exchange is your 4 digit grid square, but grid
squares are not multipliers.

Stations running 5 to 100 watts multiply their QSO points by 2, and
stations running less than 5 watts multiply their QSO points by 4.

Then - by QSO, points are multiplied by 2 for working stations running
between 5 and 100 watts, and multiplied by 4 for working stations
running less than 5 watts - this multiplication takes place when logs
are received as a part of the log checking process.

http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
http://jzap.com/k7rat/stew.rules.txt

So, the possibilities are endless!

Tad Danley, K3TD