[VHFcontesting] Doing anything saturday?

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:08:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:50 PM, John D'Ausilio <jdausilio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll be making noise from FN31HC around 144.247 and 50.147 for FD ..

Mike wrote

CLARC, http://clarc.org will be operating as NU5M from Sylvan
Rodriguez Park http://www.ka5cvh.com/photos/v/CLARC+Field+Day+2004/
almost next door to Ellington Field 29.5858 -95.15485.  I am the V/UHF
station manager and we only plan on having a minimal presence on 50 /
144 / 432.  We also plan on operating FM simplex as well.
http://www.ka5cvh.com/radio/vhf/contest.htm

Now if the FD V/UHF scores would mimic other ARRL contests I would
consider putting on a full blown V/UHF effort.   We could work a half
dozen grids or more with a moderate effort but would be blessed to
work Louisiana or North Texas sections so why put in the effort.  But
when you only get one point per q and the multiplier is sections not
grids why bother.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com