[VHFcontesting] IC-706 Cross Mode Operation

Bill Rogers - K2TER k2ter at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 17:48:00 EDT 2008

Tom and Jon,

I ran into the same issue with my IC706 back a few years when I first put my
rover together.  Nothing beats CW to get the big station's attention. You
gotta get them to turn the beam your way then you are golden!  I sold my 706
off for that reason very reason.  When the IC746 came out I asked an ICOM
sales tech about this issue to try to figure out whether it had the same
issue.  He became very defensive and I never got a straight answer.

Does anyone know what other rigs IC746, IC7000, etc. suffer from this same
issue?

I use Kenwood TS-850s and TS-690s for my IF rigs in the rover now.  No
issues there...

73,
Bill
K2TER