[VHFcontesting] IC-706 Cross Mode Operation

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Wed Jun 25 18:06:03 EDT 2008

I know on the IC-910H, and I believe the IC-746 Pro,  you can set the CW
to "reverse CW" (in menu) so that it goes to the Upper Sideband, then
use the RIT for slight tuning in of the SSB signal and still transmit CW
and the SSB station hears fine and you hear the SSB station fine.

Did it during last contest at W4NH using the 910H on 432 MHz with no
problem.

I thought you could do the same thing with the 706......or at least the
706 Mark IIg.....I have the Mark IIg and I believe I set it up the same
way when I used it on 432 MHz before.

I remember this USED to be an issue on the older Icom 575, 275, 375, 475
vintage of rigs. You could NOT reverse the CW.

Ron
WW8RR