[VHFcontesting] W3AO Field Day

David Erickson erickson+vhf at mentis.org
Fri Jun 27 07:47:53 EDT 2008

Field day is this weekend!!!  So i thought I'd take a moment to just share
a few reminders!!! AGAIN! ;-)

1) Get on for field day and operate!

2) Bring your key!  One of the biggest things stations forget to setup for
field day is a cw key for vhf and up.  Unlike normal VHF contests, the CW
contacts are good for additional points!!

I will be operating next weekend with the Columbia Amateur Radio
Association / Potamac Valley Radio Club joint field day as W3AO.  Along
with Maurice KA3EJJ, I am a co-captain for the VHF and up station.  We're
looking for additional operators who would like to come out and have some
fun.  The field day site is located in GlenElg, MD in FM19mg.  We will be
running 6 meters through 3.4ghz.  We will be operating CW, SSB and various
digital modes throughout field day.  If you'd like to come out and join us
then please contact me at w3dio at arrl.net.

If you or someone you know are interested in operating on HF, HF Digital
or GOTA(inactive ham on HF or non-licensed) feel free to contact me as
well and I will put you in touch with the appropriate person.

If you would like to make a sched to work us on all our VHF/UHF/Microwave
bands please contact me.

We at W3AO look forward to working you!!  Remember to get on the air, have
some fun and don't forget your key!!

73's
Dave W3DIO
http://www.w3dio.org/