[VHFcontesting] A question of altitude

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Mar 7 15:22:17 EST 2008

Bill Olson wrote:

> As far as the stacked loops at 6 and 12 ft goes, I am quite sure they
> would work BETTER at 16 and 22 ft if working stations on a dead band
> (i.e. on the horizon). But as Nate says, they still work just fine for
> what he is doing.. Mainly, as Dave says, and I meant to say in the
> "optimum height" STOP you, go out there and WORK people!!!!
>
> bill, k1DY

You guys are making me wish I'd spent the $700 (I didn't have) on that
pneumatic bumper mount mast -- some guy had it up on eBay a few weeks
ago.  I think it went to 30'.

Did anyone else see that and get tempted for their rover?

LOL!  Great fun THAT would be... I know I'd be out in the rain trying to
pump the thing up, cussing it out while missing contacts... but I'd come
home and rationalize it all away as "fun"!

Heh heh... must be something wrong with us rovers... mentally.  (GRIN)

Nate WY0X