[VHFcontesting] Receiver Hitch Mast

N8UM n8um at comcast.net
Fri Mar 14 17:59:21 EDT 2008

If you have a 2 inch class III receiver hitch, look at the pintel hitch receiver adaptor plate at  http://www2.northerntool.com/product/22067.htm  I mount a  36 inch by 4 inch square steel post horizontally (using square u-bolts from Northern) and then a vertical 5 or 6 foot by 3 inch diameter aluminum post with regular HD u-bolts that fit the plate (also available from Northern).  You then have a stable base that you can level with jack screws and fold a 25 to 28 foot mast over the top of a truck or van.  Mount the rotator at the base of the tilt over mast and stack multiple antennas.  See pictures of my setup at http://www.chuckmartin.com/VHFContest2003_3.htm