[VHFcontesting] June contest results, problems with Rover scores

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Thu Nov 20 07:03:27 EST 2008

Taking a moment to define the problem:

1.  Despite the contest committee's changes, the grid circler's used the
new rules to win all three Rover categories.

1.a)   The winning station in the Limited Rover class used grid circling
techniques.
1.b)  The winning station in the Classic Rover class used grid circling
techniques.
[Grid circling techniques are welcome in the Unlimited Rover class]
.
.
.
.
----The current rules are not restrictive enough to prevent grid
circling in the Limited Rover, and Classic Rover categories.-----

In my opinion, proposed solutions should center around correcting this
core issue.  I'm sure I will weigh in with my own but I still need more
time to ponder the issues before rushing in, so to speak.

Caveat:  I am not currently a ARRL member, so haven't seen QST or the
web report.  I based this on the reflector comments alone.

73
Dan
--
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
<http://www.qsl.net/n9rla> List Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books