[VHFcontesting] logs are members property

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:28:03 EST 2008

I feel we own the logs as member of ARRL.

Perhaps some should formally ask to see them.

The ARRL is a membership and maybe a non-profit, I’m not so sure they could legally hide them.

If my ARRL dues pay to process your logs it is logical that the membership would have the right to see them.

My suggestion would be for those that agree to write the ARRL staff and section leaders asking that they publish the logs in the future.

A simple rule would be “ All logs submitted will be posted on line.”

If one chooses to keep their log private they could not turn it in.

We have seen it in the recent posts:
After all its all about having fun right?
Ensuring fairness is secondary to that.
Perhaps eliminating posting the scores on line and awarding certificates would be the best option as well.

That is sarcasm.

If the ARRL wants an intellectually correct completive system with awards and posting scores in QST or on line they need to follow through with posting the logs on line. The technology is now there as compared to 15 years ago.

This will leave people with 4 choices.

turn in log to compete
turn in log to have fun and help verify qsos for the more serious as well as justify spectrum.
make contacts and turn in no log for what ever your goal.
turn radio off