[VHFcontesting] Rover stuff - Continued discussion of rover rules

Gerry Hull gerry at w1ve.com
Fri Nov 21 11:58:40 EST 2008

Hi Jon,

These are very good points.   But, unless I missed something, plenty of
people are winning Sections, Divsions, etc while some are placing at the top
nationally with a new technique.   So, their is still plenty of room for
very nice wallpaper.

Hey, I'm all for a rule change if it's really necessary.   Maybe all you
rovers think that grid circling to generate big scores will "sweep the
nation."   Well, I dare say, to do it on enough bands takes a hell of a lot
of work.

Oh, and note I don't rove.   I operate at W2SZ/1, a big multiop, where we
benefit from all the rover contacts.  So, I want to rover community to grow!

My concern is not specifically about rovers.   It's more about the attitude
that "the sky is falling".  It's not.   There are plenty of opportunities
for rovers.

I'm chewing up too much bandwidth on this subject... I'll let you guys
continue.

I do see where your coming from, I do.   I am sure the CAC boys are watching
this thread, and, if necessary, will take appropriate action, for the right
reasons.

73, Gerry W1VE