[VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem....

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 19:19:00 EST 2008

--- On Fri, 11/21/08, Ev Tupis <w2ev at yahoo.com> wrote:

 In fact, despite failing to meet the objective of the contest
> (first rule in each contest),

>From the ARRL website:
Object: To work as many amateur stations in as many different 2 degrees x 1 degree grid squares as possible using authorized frequencies above 50 MHz. Foreign stations work W/VE amateurs only.

So, the following activites (during contest time) would be in violation of this objective and the spirit of the contest:

1. Taking time out to sleep
2. Taking a bathroom break
3. Leaving the radio for a while to see the XYL, spend time with the kids, do some house work, etc.
4. Having less than all possible bands
5. Tuning off the radio due to a thunderstorm

Surprised we don't have more disqualifications than we do.

73s John AA5JG