[VHFcontesting] rover rule suggestion

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 09:49:18 EST 2008

--- On Fri, 11/21/08, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf at hotmail.com> wrote:

> As I think about it more the only way to Simply fix it  and
> include it is:
>
> rover to rover QSOs and multipliers can not be counted
> unless both Rovers are Unlimited. Or counted in a very very
> very limited fashion.

As someone who has operated in all categories, I:
1. Agree with your frustrations/observations in regard to the Rover category
2. Believe that this particular proposal only complicates things

The solution is simply to treat Rovers like Mobile S/O's or Mobile M/O's.  Sum their scores from individual grids to reach the final score.  The only inequities that remain are the same ones faced by all other participants.

Ev, W2EV