[VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:44:54 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 21:12, Joe Serocki

> FT-100's could have been a great radio, but personally I had two and they were fraught with issues. Between bad programming, a front end that blows itself up for fun, and fans that don't run enough, mine were annoying. Maybe someone else has had better experience with them.

Mike wrote

Yes the FT-100 did have some problems.  Most notably the grounding on
12/10/6 meters.  I sent mine back in they fixed the grounding issues
upgraded the switches on the fans and in 7 years I have had mine in
and out of 5 company cars, and well over 250,000 miles of road abuse.
If I had to replace it I would probably have to suck it up and buy an
"I Can Only Monitor" IC-7000.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com