[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint Rover plans

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Wed Oct 1 21:12:25 EDT 2008

Joe - You wrote:

	"4 Grids in 4 hours sounds impossible, and it probably is."

It is not impossible if you keep to the schedule and are near a grid
square corner so that travel time from one grid to another is 10
minutes or so. I did it in the 144 MHz sprint last week.

Here is how I do it. I start out in one grid, work 45 minutes, be in
the next one and set up in another 15 minutes. 45 minutes there and so
on. The last grid is on the way home, and is in fact the home grid.
Being able to operate mobile helps. In my case I have a driver to
help, if you are alone it is harder, but doable if you are careful
driving and log with a voice recorder.

If you want to cover all the grids, the important thing is not to
overstay at any single grid.

The biggest trouble I have is that activity really drops off in the
later hours so it is difficult to work as many stations in the last
hour as it is in the first.

Let us know how it works out. Be careful. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey