[VHFcontesting] Roving plans for September

k4gun at comcast.net k4gun at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 10:38:09 EDT 2008

This contest will be a different route for me.  I don't have exact times for this trip so it will be a bit looser of a schedule, but I think it will be more productive.

I'll be on the lower 4 bands as a Limited Rover.  I have 100 watts on 50, 180 on 144, 10 on 222 and 100 on 432.  I'll have omni loops for 50, 144 and 432 but those will only be in sue while in motion.  I have a Stressed Moxon for 50 and Directive Systems "Rover Special" antennas on 144, 222 and 432 (8' beam yagis).

I'm starting at 2:00 PM EST in FN21 at Camelback Mountain.  When activity declines, I'll move to make brief stops at the corner of FN10 11 20 21 before heading Southwest.  I'll likely spend the night in Harrisburg in FN10.

On Sunday, I'll make brief stops in FM19 (probably between Chambersburg and Hagerstown) and FM09 (near Winchester Va).  I'll be at Skyline Drive at Hogback Overlook by late afternoon where I'll spend several hours (FM08us).  I'll leave Skyline at dusk and head to a spot near my QTH in FM18iq to finish the last hour or so.

I'm going to try using a listening frequency for this contest.  I'll try to monitor 144.240 as much as possible.  Using the above schedule, aim my way and give a call there and hopefully, I'll hear you .

Good luck to all.

Steve
K4GUN/R