[VHFcontesting] W4SHG September QSO Party 2008 Plans

Steve Gilmore shg at midatlanticbb.com
Fri Sep 12 19:47:46 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone from the bowles of FM18hk in the deep Stafford, Virginia
abyss.

I will be sending my RF into various hills near my QTH hopefully for the
entire event.
Maybe some of the RF will ricochet off and land in your receiver(s).

I should have 6m thru 10G working however getting down to me here in FM18hk
is not for the faint of heart.
You will need a big signal to get thru the dirt surrounding my station.

I will at times attempt to use a reflector, sounds crazy but it worked three
(3) times last contest.
The concept is to watch the spectrum while turning the antenna in the
improper direction.

Low and behold down in the abyss it works sometimes.

I hope to work many.

Steve Gilmore - W4SHG
Still trying to "listen for the weak ones"