[VHFcontesting] SVHFS Conference, Charlotte, NC Schedule and Test Equipment Availability

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX dmcintyre at att.net
Thu Apr 16 08:38:02 PDT 2009

This year's SVHFS Conference is going to be a great success!  The count of those
who have preregistered is high and include many well known V/UHF/MW operators
who always are eager to share their knowledge.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PREREGISTERED TO ATTEND!  Registration is open to walk ins
from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Friday.

Test Equipment Details from Jack, W4EFZ, SVHFS VP:

Don't forget your preamps and converters when you come to Charlotte, NC for the
2009 Southeastern VHF Society Conference on April 24 and 25!

There will be 2 Noise Figure Meters set up to test your preamps and converters,
from 50 Mhz thru 10 Ghz!

A HP-8970A with noise source will be set up to measure preamps up to 1296 Mhz
and an Agilent Technologies N8975A with N4000A noise source will be set up to
measure all microwave preamps up thru 10 Ghz.

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/facet.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&k=n8975a&sm=g

We have tested our equipment and will be ready for your preamps as well
as converters so be sure to bring what you have!  Ben, W4SC, Pete, WA2ODO,
and Jack, W4EFZ, will be happy to test your device and provide a printed
copy of the results for you.  By having 2 test stations set up we should be able
to allow a little time for tweaking that last fraction of a db!  Find out about
your preamp.  Is your converter really working as it should.

Also, we will have an Agilent N5230C Network Analyzer useful thru 50 Ghz!

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/facet.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&k=n5230c&sm=g

Bring your filters, antennas, connectors, cables,transitions, or if you are not
sure what it is, this is time to test,tune, or characterize it. If you are
interested in setting up your 24 GHz or 47 GHz station this will be just what
you need to get on the air!

We look forward to your presence in Charlotte!!!!!

Updated conference schedule:
http://www.w4dex.com/svhfs_2009_schedule.htm

Conference details:
http://www.w4dex.com/svhfs_2009.htm

SVHFS Home Page:
http://www.svhfs.org/

Carolina DX Association, Conference host:
http://www.cdxa.org/