[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r results for 222 MHz

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 07:32:21 PDT 2009

Here are the results for my rove in the 222 MHz Spring Sprint.  I will
be out for the 432 MHz Sprint this Wednesday. Look for me!

Grid     QSOs     Grids
DM64      2         1
DM65      2         1
DM74      3         1
DM75      3         1
------------------------
Total    10         1

I visited 4 grids. This is pretty good activity for this part of the
country on 222 MHz. I pointed the beam south and heard K5PHF 3 times,
twice in DM75, and once in DM64.

The rig was an XV222 transverter driving a KLM 120 Watt linear to a 6
element WA5VJB Yagi up 15 feet. It was all driven by an HTX-100 IF
rig, which did not work on CW which I found out in trying to call
K5PHF when I heard him. So I am in the market for a new IF rig.

See you on 432 Wednesday. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey