[VHFcontesting] KK6MC Score in 432 MHz Spring Sprint

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 19:41:28 PDT 2009

Thanks to all who contacted me. I appreciate your effort in making my
entry successful.

Grid operated from  QSOs  Grids
DM64                5      1
Dm65                4      1
DM74                5      1
DM75                7      2
______________________________

Total              21      5
Score              28

I had a late start due to work commitments. I got the rover set up in
about 45 minutes and hit the road at 0045, 15 minutes before the
contest started. I worked a couple of stations in transit to DM74, my
first stop. I got to DM74 at 0120, about 20 minutes late. After that
things went smoothly. There was the usual local activity from DM65. I
also tried to work south and north on schedule, but didn't raise
anyone. This has to work some day. I had one op who had e-mailed me
that he only had FM capability on 432 MHz, so I made arrangements to
meet him at each grid square on a frequency removed from the calling
frequency. This worked well as I worked him in each grid I operated
from. Much better turnout and score than from the 222 MHz contest last
week.

I love the Sprints. One evening, one band, I can get to 4 grids in the
time allocated and it is all over fairly quickly. Quick set up and
quick tear down. Great fun! - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey