[VHFcontesting] W3BC/Rover UHF Plans

Shupienis, Joseph jshupienis at ccac.edu
Sat Aug 1 00:08:41 PDT 2009

I only have 432, so it will be a single band effort for me. Too bad there isn't a single-band rover category.

Nevertheless, this year I'm out for blood: I'm going to try to beat the score that W3BC/R posted last year!

At 1800z Saturday, please point toward the middle of Pennsylvania and look for me in FN01qf atop Boone Mountain at 2370 MSL on 432.100 and 432.140. I'll also be S&P so listen for my puny signal calling you back.

At 2100, look for me again in FN00ox. W3SO doesn't operate this contest, so it reverts to "rare" status.

I might try FN10 or FN11 (if I'm not too tired) Sunday morning at 1400z and 1600z. If the weather holds.

As usual, if thunderstorms appear, these plans will self-destruct and I will disavow any knowledge of their existence. :)

If you need these grids, please don't give up. As many will attest, I'll fight long and hard to complete a QSO no matter how difficult it may be.

73 and hope to CU on 432! de Joe, W3BC