[VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF Contest Participation Pins?

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Wed Aug 5 22:52:20 PDT 2009

I've been pouring over "On The Ultra Highs" by Kevin Kaufhold, W9GKA. This is a wonderful, concise history of VHF/UHF Weak Signal work as told in the pages of QST Magazine, and many other sources.

In that article, a reference is made to "participation pins" for amateurs who entered ARRL VHF Contests in the 1990's. I've never seen one of these and would love to get a look at them. Does anyone have one that they could scan and post?

I can see references for these as late as 1999 by doing Google searches, but can't seem to find any photos of them. I'm really fascinated with the history of the VHF bands, and love this stuff. I just bought a Heathkit "Twoer" to start my VHF collection!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park