[VHFcontesting] [Fwd: RE: RCI-5054DX-100]

Ray J ray at w9ray.org
Fri Aug 7 15:55:24 PDT 2009

Seriously, do yourself  a favor and don't buy one of these splatter boxs
unless u have no other option... Watch around u can find yourself  a
decent used,  160-2 meter , all mode Icom706  for the same or slightly
higher prices.

The RCI  is nothing more than a cheap modified CB. period.. they even
come with public address system and  roger beep...

We have had a couple of these the neighborhood in the past.. they wipe
out half of the  band..

w9Ray