[VHFcontesting] Political certificates of achievement

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Tue Aug 11 09:26:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:03:33PM -0700, frank bechdoldt wrote:

> I disagree with Paul. What has happened in the past is 100’s of people have gave up contesting for various reasons. The reasons for quitting have never been examined.  At least in Marshall’s plan there is feedback to the ARRl as to why you are not competing by turning in an empty log.  The logs show that there are about 9 people in the contest for every log submitted.  No effort has been made to know why.

This is not true.  The members of the PSC and VUAC are among the most active
amateur radio operators.  They tend to be on the air a lot.  They have
years of experience.  I'm sure they get feedback all the time.  They go to
conventions and hamfests and hear about these issues around activity.  We
all discuss these rules issues constantly on the various reflectors.

Just because you don't agree with a decision does not mean it was made in
willful ignorance.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com