[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Yaesu FT857/897 reliability

David All n3xudfm19 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:02:31 PDT 2009

My dad and I used a FT-897 during the June Contest and I have used it in
other contest since.  I have no complaints.  Nice and small but if your
looking for power you will need to add amps.  50w on 2m.  To me that is
lacking.  But it preformed great.  Dave N3XUD/R 1/3 of the 3 Generation
Rover Team
www.n3xud.webs.com