[VHFcontesting] FT-817 Overload & 6M HB9CV Beam - Thanks All !!

Cal Cotner cal.jsi at verizon.net
Thu Dec 17 15:29:51 PST 2009

Hi folks,

      Just wanted to say thanks to those who replied to my query on
FT-817 receiver overload on 2M and on the 2 EL HB9CV 6M antenna I
recently bought.  The comments on the apparent FT-817 receiver
overload on 2M were very helpful.  When mountain topping again I will
try reducing the RF gain and make sure that the noise blanker is
off.  And BTW, I really appreciate the efforts of those who copied my
pipsqueak signal in contests past and I hope will do so in the
future.  Perhaps I'll "trick out" my Elecraft K2 and use transverters
with it - I'm sure that as some of you stated, that combo would
perform much better in a strong signal environment.

      I also appreciate the comments received on the 2 EL HB9CV 6M
antenna.  Will probably use it in future portable operations.

73,
Cal K4JSI