[VHFcontesting] Use it or lose it debate.

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 31 09:16:22 PST 2009

If we as hams can not show the world a productive way to use this and actually use it in a productive manner than we should give it back when someone has an actual productive idea on how to use it.  Reading some of the statements by experts made to the house subcommittee, the 3rd world needs 1300 more mhz of spectrum to keep up and grow with the rest of us lucky enough to be where we are.  You would think hams in their spirit of giving and helping would not use the qsos of people inflating contest scores to defend denying spectrum to the needy.  We as hams were once givers and helpers, now as members of the ARRL we are hoarders of spectrum for frivilis activities as compared to what good could come out of the spectrum.