[VHFcontesting] What is accomplished?

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 22:00:42 EST 2009

Bruce - Thanks for the comments.

It is nice to hear from someone who directly benefits from the N6NB
efforts that is not a rover.

I appreciate your attitude, and if we had more hams with similar
attitudes, VHF/UHF contesting would be much healthier.

I am OK with the N6NB entourage doing their thing, but it is probably
because I am so far out of the money in most contests that it doesn't
matter anyway. I am heartened to see that they put eight 10 band
stations on the air and the number of rover stations that are
represented in that one picture in Wayne's driveway is very
impressive. It is also impressive that they put one rover, N6TEB, on
the air with a station and that he went his own way after the first
gird square. Plus they did a similar thing with a portable station in
the June contest. So they are increasing activity beyond their grid
circling group and that is good.

By the way, it is Steve who misidentified Carrie's vehicle not me. He
should know better, he works for Toyota. :^)= - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey