[VHFcontesting] Accomplish what?

Greg Chartrand w7my at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 07:47:17 EST 2009

I fully concur with the statement below. The ARRL publishes the results in QST that emphasize the same good ole boys who win or place high every year; oh by the way they happen to mostly be up and down the east coast, what a coincidence!
The east coast good ole boys don't like having a west coast station in QST so I expect the rules will change and kill the grid circling lunacy. Yes its stupid but the only way the west coast can be acknowledged in QST, for some folks that's what makes the effort worth while.
If you think the ham population is sparce in S. CA, think about EWA and EOR going all the way east to the rocky mountains.--------------------------------------------------------------
I never stand a chance of getting a nationally recognised rating or score, we simply don't have the ham population in southern California to support it - fixed or mobile. I do however enjoy putting DM12 on many folks maps and logs that otherwise won't have it. I enjoy moving to the digital modes in the evening when regular traffic starts to wane and picking up the odd stuff off of burning rocks and the Moon instead of calling it an evening.

Greg Chartrand - W7MY

Richland, WA.

DN-06IF

W7MY Home Page: