[VHFcontesting] VUAC proposal to ARRL

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:26:54 EST 2009

Excellent, excellent excellent!  My only suggestion is a minor one and that
is with regard to the bands available to Limited Rovers.  The Kenwood TS2000
can be had with 902 capability so its  an all-in-one unit.  It would make
for an economical way for a person to get into 4 VHF bands quickly and
easily.  It removes the need to get a 222 transverter.  That's why I thought
giving Limited 50, 144 and 432 plus one more of their choice would be
better.

Other than that, I like it a LOT.  Even that one minor detail doesn't bother
me anyway.  Personally, I use the lower 4 anyway so I have no beef with it.
I'm just thinking of others getting started.

Thanks for posting that.  I am very encouraged by this.

Steve
K4GUN/R