[VHFcontesting] VUAC proposal to ARRL

Bruce Richardson w9fz at w9fz.com
Thu Feb 12 01:53:25 EST 2009

I LOVE the 30 QSO limit AND the 50% limit and hope they get
adopted.

I like Mike and compete against him in this division. I'm
glad he's out there.  But I never get close to 30 Q's with
the same rover.  If he (or any other rover) habitually is in
the 30 QSO or greater range with the same rover, I'd sure
like to not have to compete with him because one, he'll
smoke me on score every time and two, based on my history, I
don't know where I'm gonna get 30+ Q's with the same rover
in order to compete.  I think 30 is a great number and I've
been doing this Rover thing a long time.  If a rover gets
over 30 Q's with the same other rover, please enjoy the
unlimited category.

Sure, I work other rovers. I prefer working them over
non-trivial distances.  And I NEVER orchestrate my moves
with another rover in mind. I stick to my schedule. If
they've moved great. If not, great.

I was very uncomfortable with the 100 limit--that allows a
behavior that is quite different from what I'm doing.  I
think the 30 QSO limit is much more in line with the
behavior I've experienced over the years.

I know, my vote here in an email posting doesn't really do
any good. Thanks to the VUAC for carefully looking at
behaviors and trying to seek a break-point upon which to
differentiate.

Looking forward to the next contest (with or without a rule
change).

73
Bruce Richardson W9FZ/R