[VHFcontesting] distance contest

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 08:30:49 EST 2009

 There is not need for a new contest to do distance scoring.

Since contest scores are no longer calculated by the entrant but by the sponsor's computer, it would be a minor issue for a sponsor to rescore the logs already prepared for the scoring under the traditional method, and do a second computation based on distance.

So there would be two sets of results, a "traditional" one and a "distance" one.?

Existing awards would be made under the traditional scores.? New awards might be arranged for the distance scores.

The ARRL contests would be the logical place to start.? They have a professional staff doing the work, as well as by far the best VHF contests in the USA. They do not print contest scores (an unfortunate policy, but beyond the scope here), so little additional magazine space would be required.

A motion passed by the Board of Directors would be all it takes to get it done. Start talking to you Division Director.

73? -? Jim?? K8MR