[VHFcontesting] distance contest

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 13 20:25:50 EST 2009

Let me just set a couple of things straight here.  First, there is a Contest
Advisory Committee (CAC) that is responsible for the HF contest rules.
Since we are talking about VHF contests here they are not part of this
discussion.  There is also a VHF UHF Advisory Committee (VUAC) that is
responsible for VHF and up contest rules.  You are completely incorrect in
your statement that the VUAC only acts at the request of the ARRL BoD.
Certainly the BoD is one source of input but we have many others including
right here on this reflector.  Of the dozen or so issues that the VUAC has
looked at over the past few years I recall only one originating with the
BoD.  All of the others were the result of input from you, the active VHF
and up contester.  Again, I just wanted to get the facts straight on that.

73
Jim, W4KXY
VUAC Southeastern Division Representative