[VHFcontesting] contest club idea parallel contest idea

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 12:20:32 EST 2009

--- On Fri, 2/13/09, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I propose parallel contests to see how they work.

This is called a CWAC (Contest, Within A Contest).  It works!  I've done it during the Sprints and for the CQWW VHF Contest and had a great time.  It is a concept that should be expanded upon, in my opinion.  Keep the faith, Frank! :)

> I propose the formation of a contesting club to administer
> the parallel awards in Parallel contests with the ARRL
> activities.

How about a grass roots effort in support of this existing system: http://www.RFSport.com

A logger that supports DX-point and Stew Perry schemas already exists.  The only limitation is that is is a single-band-only logger (though multiple instances may be loaded...one for each band).  As an added bonus...the logger uses the Internet to display scores in real-time, too!

Anybody wanna play?
Ev, W2EV