[VHFcontesting] The Psychology of Contest Participation

Shupienis, Joseph jshupienis at ccac.edu
Sun Feb 15 14:53:22 EST 2009

"People who enter competitions must realize that they may not win. It is not up to the contest sponsor to make it so a person's esteem is satisfied." - K7CW

Not my point at all. My point is more on the line of, "People rarely enter competitions they realize they cannot win. People do enter contests to see how they stack up in a fair competition. It *IS* up to the contest sponsor to give every entrant a fair shot at success in an appropriate category, otherwise many will not bother entering their contest."

Human nature being what it is, most normal people prefer to, in street parlance, "Pick on somebody their own size."

73, de Joe, W3BC