[VHFcontesting] The Simple Fix [was: The Psychology ofContestParticipation]

Gene gmitch at iowatelecom.net
Sun Feb 15 20:07:05 EST 2009

Mike, I have the same thing as you, often I am in and out of 2 different
grids as I am moving to a 3rd grid and of course as you  move you often move
in range of a new fixed station or he just shows up on the band or cranks
the beam around. Also I show up at as many grid corners as I can during a
contest and I will enter in and out of the grid corners as many times as it
takes to work the Fixed stations as they show up and will do so until I need
to move to the next grid corners. I do not sit in one grid and kill an hour
waiting for stations to show up. If I have 2 or 3 I will activate all the
grids close to me on all the bands I can then come back to the first grid
and see if there are more. I rarely work any other Rovers but do work them
once in a while and most of the time they are 2 to 3 grids away and more
like working a fixed station.

gene
N0DQS/R