[VHFcontesting] rover rules

Steve Piotrowski stevepio at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 16:11:38 EST 2009

Ev, I think some of the resistance is a matter of the cure being worse than the disease.

Personally, I like being able to move around. A lot. Rovers Rove. I worked you this past contest from a couple grids if memory serves. and I re-visited those grids several times each and worked a ton more stations. If I were prohibited from doing that we would not have had our QSOs, as you started late because of a family commitment, or I would have missed several others and they would have missed me. And then sunday we drove to syracuse and activated 2 more grids AS WELL AS two I had run on saturday. Again, a ton more contacts that would have not been. An then as we drove back on sunday we worked a bunch on FM as we drove between grids, all of which would have been lost to your proposed solution.

So yes, your proposition does fix the grid circlers. It would ruin me too and thats why I can't support it.

And it's not personal. You know I'm not like that.