[VHFcontesting] RF Relay Help

Doug Rehman doug at k4ac.com
Wed Feb 25 13:13:09 EST 2009

I'm trying to set up a Henry Tempo 6N2 for use as my 144 amp (about 1KW). In
going thru my junk box of relays, I found several possible candidates, but I
can't find VHF power capacity information for them. They are:

Dow Key 402-123 also marked with 58D82624R01 (this is a 12V DPST)

Dow Key 412-112 also marked with 19B801247P1 (this is a transfer relay)

Dynatech FSCM 50667 also marked with T5-113F802 (this is a transfer relay-
it says "spec 6-30 MHz", but has N connectors and is slightly larger than
the Dow Key 412-112

Any ideas what the power capacity of these relays is for VHF? Switching the
input to the amp is no big deal, but the output is a lot of power.

On a related note, I've got some relays that are rated for 100 watts at 3
GHz, any idea what the power capability at lower frequencies would be?

Thanks for any help, ideas, suggestions, etc.,
Doug
K4AC