[VHFcontesting] 2008 September VHF QSO Party Results

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 13:00:56 PST 2009

What is it that is interesting about that?  I'm passionate about improving
radiosports.  You'll also note that my e-mails are not complaints about the
grid circlers.  Its about the rules that allow it.  I have nothing but
respect and admiration for the guy that came up with the concept of multi-op
roving.  I simply think the rules need changed to recognize that multi-op
roving and traditional roving are two distinct activities.  It would be like
allowing K8GP to compete as SOHP.

Incidentally, if you want to look into it a bit more, you'll note that the
grid circling group didn't go out in September.  They did go out in
January.  Look at the scores there.  Look especially at the number one and
two places in Limited Rover.  Then, see how long the number one person has
been licensed (12 days is the answer).  Its a multi-op situation that the
rules have allowed to operate as if they were single rovers.  I argue for no
sanction, but do argue for a rule change.  Please don't however, confuse
that with criticism of the operator.

73
Steve
K4GUN/R