[VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:27:14 PST 2009

I guess I would put myself into the category of not really caring about
assisted stations.  As a rover, I suppose it would be nice to use APRS and
have all stations be able to find and use the information.  Its not a huge
deal to be though and don't really consider it to be a handicap, nor do I
think it would make a huge difference in the number of contacts I make.

I also disagree that the rules of the ARRL contests are broken.  There are a
few things that I think need tweaked, but wholesale changes just don't seem
needed.  On balance, I think they are pretty good.  I fear that changing
them in any dramatic manner risks loosing the appeal.  That's why I am
neutral on most rule change proposals that I've seen.

As long as we're on the subject of re-taking the VUAC, can somebody tell me
why we don't have a "limited" single operator category?  Rovers and
multi-ops have 4 band station options but single ops don't.  Just a
thought...

73
Steve
K4GUN/R