[VHFcontesting] Common rover frequency

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 08:47:24 EST 2009

But does anybody actually use .240 in the contests?  I'm really a newbie as
well and have only operated in 3 so far, but I haven't heard a peep from
rovers on any specific frequency.  The only frequency that I've heard much
rover activity on a consistent basis is W1RT's at 144.247.  I've never heard
him, but I heard quite a few people using that to look for him.  I snagged a
few contacts like that in September when he didn't answer.  That's actually
what got me thinking about the idea of a rover spot.

So is there already a rover calling frequency that is actually used?  I
chose .245 only because it didn't step on W1RT but was close enough to get
guys already in that portion of the band looking for him.

Steve
K4GUN/R