[VHFcontesting] Common rover frequency

W8ZN at comcast.net W8ZN at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 09:54:24 EST 2009

Hi Steve - all.

While I have roved in the past, it has been a while and I am interested in this also since I am going to brave the wx this weekend. Being a rover and only running low to modest power, I am concerned about getting folks attention. Typically, what I have done in the past is call folks on their frequency on 2 or 6 and then QSY with them. Once I figure out where the big single ops and multiops hang out on 6 or 6, I just go there. If you are in a very good location with 150w or more, I would try calling CQ either on 50.125 or 144.200. Due to the nature of a rover, these "calling" frequencies should be a good place to find folks.

As part of the K8GP operation, rovers always seemed to find us, we were always calling CQ on 6-432 and were fairly easy to find. So I'm not sure what is the best answer. This contest, I know K1RZ, K1TEO, W3ZZ single ops will be on and N3NGE multiop will be on and all should be easy to find.

Terry

From: "Steve Clifford" <k4gun.r at gmail.com>