[VHFcontesting] Nevermind

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:20:45 EST 2009

A common rover frequency can't work.  This weekend's contest taught me
that.  I tried using 144.245 for a while with absolutely no response.  I
called and called.  I then tuned to the calling frequency and moved up and
down until I found a clear spot and called again.  The closer I was to
144.200, the quicker I got an answer.  Contacts were fast and furious using
this method and non-existent when on 144.245.  I was surprised at how
drastic the Q rate was.  I tried several times to make sure it wasn't an
anomaly and it wasn't.

I'll post a complete recap of this weekend a bit later today.  Suffice to
say, it was a LOT better than anticipated.

Steve
K4GUN/R