[VHFcontesting] do you wonder

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:26:41 PDT 2009

I tend to agree. I just want to get on and make QSO's. If someone else
cheats or does something that is questionable, that is their conscience.

I generally participate as a Single-Op Portable (QRP). There are only so
many ways you could violate the rules in this class. Probably the main one
would be running excess power or operating from home. Again, if someone
wants to do that, it's their conscience.

I do have a question: I see people submitting logs in ARRL contests as
"Single Op Portable Low Power."
Since there is no official category for this, how do they get lumped
together? As Single Op Low Power, or do the get put into QRP Portable class?
Just curious.
I hope I can get on for a few hours as a Hilltopper in CQWW VHF.

73, Zack W9SZ