[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Rovers-Halo's Vs. Loops

Dustin Williams dustin at k5rnt.com
Fri Jul 3 21:37:44 PDT 2009

I recently changed from a 1/4 wave vertical mag mount on the top of the
suv to an M2 loop mounted at the top of  the receiver hitch mounted
mast. I have to say the loop worked better for me with the exception of
working other rovers that were running verticals. Please note that my
loop "points" back in other words it is not over the metal car instead
it is 12 ft above the ground. See my web page for some photos.

Just my $0.02
Dustin
K5RNT/R